March 02, 2009

My First Post!

Hi, I'm Thalia Cross.
I'm new to the blogging world, but thought it would be a cool hobby to have, because I have a lot of free time on my hands. I'm a writer, and I also thought this would be a good way to get feedback and opinions on my work, as well as just network and make friends.
My writing mostly consists of poetry and fantasy stories concerning the supernatural, like vampires, werewolves, demons and magic. I won't be able to post any of those things for a while, however.
In the meantime, I am an avid reader, and thought it would be cool to share some of my favorite books and see the recommendations other people have.

Let's see, where to start...
Of course, I love the Twilight series from the wonderful Stephenie Meyer. I don't think I have to go into anymore detail than that. :)

Another good one would be Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause. I absolutely love Vivian, and the author makes everything seem so natural and believeable. Another good story from her would be the Silver Kiss, although I find Blood and Chocolate more to my own tastes.

One of my other favorites would be Tithe, Valiant and Ironside by the delightful Miss Holly Black. When I first read Tithe, I had never read anything like it before, and I found it very intriguing. Always worth reading and rereading.

Also along the lines of Holly Black would be the Mortal Instrumants series, by Cassandra Clare. I have only read the first book, City of Ashes, but I can't wait to read the rest of the series.

(Does anyone have any suggestions as to good books similar to those of Holly Black and Cassandra Clare? If you do, I would love to hear them. I love their writing style and themes.)

Delightfully demented, as I like to call them.

These are my favorites and I think they sum up most of my reading and writing interests very well.

Well then, until next post, your new friend,

Thalia Cross :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers